It's Almost Spring Break!

Spring break is right around the corner, and I decided to reflect in a blog post.  I actually had disabled this blog because I wasn't sure about putting my thoughts out there.  Over the last few months I have been working on being confident in who I am and what I know in a new area of my professional life.  My good friend and mentor, +Michelle Armstrong told me about +Seth Godin's rule to not take one so seriously.  I am guilty of taking myself seriously, but this year is the year I am truly trying not to - thus this blog is reborn.

Over the past few months, I have been working more on a new aspect of my career - the educational technology side.  I am really enjoying what I can offer in terms of educational technology expertise, and I am finding I love growing and learning in that area.  This past January I presented at the +EdTechTeam GAFESummit in Las Vegas.  I had presented at a few other GAFE Summits, but this time I felt less nerves and more confidence.  I took this as a sign that what I am doing I am confident in, and that I am doing something that is meaningful to me - so why worry about nerves.  My presentations went great - not perfect - but great.  I was happy with them and the response, and I ultimately came away from that Summit feeling uplifted, inspired and motivated to keep working on this aspect of my career.  Overall, the best part of the Summit in Las Vegas was the networking.  I now have so many new and wonderful educators in my PLN, and I am excited that they have added me to theirs!

As I look forward to spring break, I look forward to a break.  After our two weeks of holiday, I will be eagerly anticipating my first GAFE Summit as a Spotlight Speaker.  I will be attending the Thunder Bay, Ontario Summit.  This excites me, and I hope I can do my friend proud, as she has put her faith in me as a presenter.

One of the main benefits of this journey in educational technology for me, is that it translates into my classroom.  My students benefit from my learning.  That is the best part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Tor16 - Google Innovator Academy BOUND!

Las Vegas Summit 2017

Google Innovator Academy - I Found My Tribe